The Writerly Habit

This blog is about my struggles to get into the habit of writing regularly.

Rejection

Here it is, for all the world to see:

Thank you for submitting your story to us for the upcoming anthology on Drag Kings from Suspect Thoughts Press. Unfortunately, we are unable to include your story in the anthology.

We wish you the best of luck in your writing endeavors.


Short, sweet, and to the point. Mind you I was writing a bit outside of my area of expertise. I'm not a drag king and have never known a drag king. I had really hoped to have an actual letter, something on letterhead with a stiff off-white envelope. Something I could hold in my hand but alas, I got an email. I guess I was dreamily thinking of Stephen King's experience from On Writing. He had a nail in the wall that he would impale his rejection letters on, he later upgraded to a spike. That's all for now, I must change into my call center suit and head to the office.

0 comments: