The Writerly Habit

This blog is about my struggles to get into the habit of writing regularly.

Labor Day

So my writing isn't going as well as I thought. I didn't write anything on Saturday, but I did write about 4 pages yesterday. That's pretty good. Too much World of Warcraft I expect. I have a 66 Night Elf Druid on the Azuremyst server that I've become interested in leveling again. I'm hoping to have a character on both horde and alliance before the expansion comes out.

In other news, I went to Borders last night and bought a planner. It has a nice monthly calendar all the way through the end of Dececember 2008. I'm going to use it to write in my daily word count. Maybe that will help motivate me and also help me track what I'm doing. I also bought Write: 10 Days to Overcome Writer's Block. Period. by Karen E. Peterson. She talks about finding a combined right and left brain to overcome writer's block. The tests in the first chapter were pretty interesting. You had to check off this top ten list of why you aren't writing with your dominant hand (I'm a lefty) then take a moment, and do the same thing with the other hand. A lot of my answers were completely opposite. My right brain is afraid I won't get published while my left brain is afraid that I will. No wonder it's so hard for an aspiring author. The last section of the book is a 10 day thing, I'm going to blog each day of that once I get to it. For posterity more than anything.

0 comments: