The Writerly Habit

This blog is about my struggles to get into the habit of writing regularly.

Drive Slow for Pedro

It's time for me to once again stand on my soapbox. This time it's not regarding Britney Spears. No, it has to do with a little Chihuahua named Pedro. As I was leaving my sister's house this evening, I saw a car hit Pedro. It slammed into him pretty hard and he shot off yipping. The person driving barely slowed down and never stopped. The speed limit on the street was 30mph, the driver was easily going 40mph. Luckily, my sister and her husband knew the dog from my description. They grabbed flashlights, alerted the neighbor (who owned the dog), and everyone started looking. I am happy to say that Pedro was fine, he was found in back in his own backyard. I'm urging everyone to please drive the speed limit, or slower, in residential areas. The law is there for a reason. It's there to protect our children. It's there to protect our pets. It's there to protect our wildlife. Please keep this in mind and if you ever hit an animal, STOP and see if the animal needs assistance. Many are left on the roadside to slowly die an agonizing death. Be a responsible driver or get off the road!

0 comments: