The Writerly Habit

This blog is about my struggles to get into the habit of writing regularly.

Happy 100!

Well kiddies, we have broken the 100th visitor mark. Wohoo! In honor of this, tomorrow evening I will be posting a special article on books bound in human skin. Ooh creepy, just in time for Halloween. Thanks to everyone for making this a successful blog. I appreciate all of your comments.

Tonight I went to the NaNoWriMo kickoff party for my region. It was a lot of fun. I just really enjoyed being around other writers. It was inspiring and really got me in the right mental mindset to begin. Writing begins on 11/1 so I won't be posting too many articles in November, mostly my progress. Yep, in just a few days I will be keeping my word count real and representing for my region. Those of you who haven't signed up yet, do so. It's a great experience.

One of the exercises we did was to draw our internal editor. My internal editor tells me that I'm not good enough and shouldn't even bother trying. I drew the Zoloft rock, sitting on a couple of books on top of a stool peering over my work still in the typewriter thinking how much my work sucks. Very depressing, maybe that's why I chose the Zoloft rock. I'd post it here for you, but our region liaison has taken him hostage so he can't bother me while I'm writing my novel. You can see him once he is free again.

0 comments: