The Writerly Habit

This blog is about my struggles to get into the habit of writing regularly.

Top Writing Movies

This month, The Writer published an article of the top ten movies for writers. I thought I would put up a list of some of my favs:

1. Adaptation - this has to be the ultimate writer's movie. The interior monologue that's going on inside his head is so true to life.

2. Miss Potter - a whimsical tale but also a tragic love story.

3. Throw Momma From the Train - the movie that produced the catchphrase "A writer writes, always."

4. Moulin Rouge

5. Naked Lunch - what's better than typewriters turning into freaky bugs?

6. Sylvia - Gwyneth Paltrow plays one of my obsessions...Sylvia Plath

7. Shakespeare in Love - Gwyneth again

8. Dead Poets Society - anything with Robin Williams is good. The man is a living legend.

9. Secret Window - creepy!

10. Finding Neverland - another one featuring Mr. Depp

11. Delirious - John Candy was a comic genious! I wish I had his typewriter. :)

12. Misery - Every writer's worse nightmare.

13. Nightmares and Dreamscapes - there were two "episodes" with writers as the main characters.

There are many many more I could list but tried to only put in movies that I have actually seen. I think it'd be great sometime to get a bunch of my writer friends together (both of them) and have a movie marathon.

2 comments:

+PH caretaker said...

Try Henry and June, Sophie's choice, and the Hours.

Happy writing!

Brandi Perry said...

I forgot about The Hours! What a fantastic movie. Nicole Kidman as Virginia Woolf. I haven't seen the others but will definitely check them out.