The Writerly Habit

This blog is about my struggles to get into the habit of writing regularly.

NaNo Day 2 - Rowling Back in the News


So day two went ok. I got 1,666 words, which is just barely my required word count. It was a little difficult today. I didn't have a lot of time to just sit and work on it. Nice thing is, I got it done while I was at work hehe. I bet I could put in a little more tonight but I'm tired and just don't feel like it. So the total word count is now 3,727. I think that's like 13% of the way there.

In other new, J.K. Rowling is once again making headlines. She has written and illustrated a children's book entitled "The Tales of Beedle the Bard." Yes, the book referenced in deathly hollows. A bejeweled (semi-precious stones) leather bound edition will be auctioned off by Sotheby's on December 12th with a starting bid of $62,000. The proceeds of the auction will be going to a children's charity. Otherwise, the book will not be for sale. Only seven copies were produced and all but the one were given as gifts. I must say, it's good to see a celebrity use their powers for good and not evil. Interest parties can view the auction here. You can also view the full article plus interview with the J.K. Rowling here. Of course, if you can afford $62,000 for a childrens book, I'd really like to finish college. Hint hint, nudge nudge, wink wink.

0 comments: