The Writerly Habit

This blog is about my struggles to get into the habit of writing regularly.

Writer's Strike and Other News

Hey kiddies. It's been a long time since my last post. I stopped writing around the time of the writer's strike and guess what? It isn't over yet. Now the loss of salary to the writers has exceeded what they hoped to gain in negotiations. I think it was about $157 million. I just got frustrated by the fact that (at least according to an article I read) these writers make over $100,000 a year and are asking for more. Maybe that figure was wrong, if anyone knows what it truly is shoot me an email. Here I am struggling to make $27,000 a year as a call center supervisor and they complain about their six figure income? It just doesn't seem right to me. I know they're feeling the pinch now and I feel for them there, it's just really hard for me to empathize on the salary bit. How's that for honesty?

In other news, Amazon.com purchase J.K. Rowling's handwritten book The Tales of Beedle the Bard for a staggering $4 million dollars. The proceeds went to The Children's Voice Campaign. Hard to believe, her success is absolutely phenomenal. I think it's really great when someone comes up out of nothing...but hey give someone else a turn. :P

Ok, so I started NaNoWriMo and after the first day or two I quit. I just wasn't in the right mindset to do it. I was just staring at the paper and couldn't think of anything. I think the big problem was that I started off with a non-fiction book. Ah well, there's always next year. I have registered for college and will be starting in a couple of weeks. I am taking Intro to Lit and English Comp II. I can't wait. School has a way of keeping me on track with my writing. They didn't have fiction writing at a time that fit my schedule this semester. It's a shame.

My new year's resolution is to write at least once a week and not beat myself up or think I'm a failure for not doing it.

0 comments: