The Writerly Habit

This blog is about my struggles to get into the habit of writing regularly.

Out for the count

Hey kiddies. It's been a couple of days since I last posted. Things are going really well, both with my fiction writing and my poetry. I ordered some new notecards from Vista Print, ones that reflect my personality a little better. Through my writing, I've been finding myself. Or at least the self I had forgotten. In the last three years, I've gained seventy pounds. I was unhappy with life and used food as a way to fill the void. I've gotten better about that and lost twenty pounds. I started seeing a therapist and writing again. Life has really improved and I'm starting to find the person I buried under all that weight. I forgot all about my love of fashion and all things feminine and beautiful. Very Sarah Jessica Parker. I'm wondering how this will change my writing. There have been definite changes in the subject matter.




I watched Stranger Than Fiction starring Will Ferell. I LOVED it! It's a must see for any writer (and non-writer for that matter). Will Ferrell plays Harold Crick, a character who starts hearing his life narrated. The narrator makes an ominous statement about his untimely death. Harold must find the writer and try to stop her from killing him. It also stars the beautiful Maggie Gyllenhaal, one of my favorite actresses (check her out in Secretary and Donnie Darko). Check out the amazon link for clips, images, and a review of the movie.


Maggie Gyllenhaal




I also watched The Devil Wears Prada (go go gadget Netflix account). A movie about a wannabe journalist that gets sucked into the world of fashion. This movie was also fantastic. Meryl Streep has been one of my favorites since She Devil. In The Devil Wears Prada she played a romance novelist who steals Rosanne Barr's husband and pays the price. Oddly enough, it was Meryl Streep's role in that movie that first got me interested in becoming a writer. Check out the trailer here.

In the news, Roger Avary was arrested and charged with vehicular manslaughter on January 13th. There weren't many specifics as to how the accident happened other than Avary was under the influence. Avary's passenger died and his wife has serious injuries. Avary is most famous for his screenplay Pulp Fiction.

So I'm going to be out for the count for a few days. I had my crown seated today, two fillings, and my lower wisdom teeth extracted. I had to have a stitch in each socket and I'm in a lot of pain. I've taken a few days of work off, so hopefully I'll get lots of writing done. Today is a bit of a wash, I'm just finding it impossible to get anything done. I did get to keep my teeth which was cool! Last time I forgot to ask before I got super numbed up. Not sure what I'm going to do with them. I just wanted them. Here's a pic:

0 comments: