The Writerly Habit

This blog is about my struggles to get into the habit of writing regularly.

Happy New Year


Happy New Year everyone! Well, if you can't tell by my word counter, I miserably failed NaNoWriMo. I got a little further than the counter indicates but not much. The reasons were twofold. First, I wasn't feeling inspired by my story. I had once again tried to write a mainstream fiction Christian novel. I set myself up for disaster on that. Second, at the end of the first week I got really bad food poisoning from McDonalds. It was really really awful. I was sick for two weeks and at the end, I just really didn't want to finish NaNo. I didn't think it was possible.

So today is the first day of the new year. I think it is a good time to get my writing back on track. I've printed a calendar I got here, and am making a folder for my 1,000 word a day free write. Each day I complete, I put a sticker on the calendar. I also write the name of the author I write a charming note too. I think I will also use it to track the books I read since I need to get back on track with that too. I also plan to blog once a week. I wish all of you luck in your writing endeavors this year. It's never too late to start writing again.

0 comments: