The Writerly Habit

This blog is about my struggles to get into the habit of writing regularly.

Babblebooks Podcast Warning!

Hey guys. Well I was looking to add to my audiobook collection on my iPod. Since I'm cheap, I try to get podcasts instead. I ran across Babblebooks and couldn't believe the titles they had available for free! Much to my dismay, the books are read by a computer. That's right, a monotone computer voice reading me Uncle Tom's Cabin. Oy vey! I was lucky though, I read a review on iTunes and was able to cancel my downloads. Crisis averted. There it is though, you are forewarned.

In order to satisfy your curiosity, below is a video sample of Up From Slavery by Booker T. Washington.

If you are interested in free audiobooks, try Librivox. Librivox is a community project where volunteers agree to read a chapter of a book. These are available on their website or as podcasts on iTunes. I'm planning on ordering a microphone and then you'll be able to hear my lovely voice reading. I'll let you know when I'm ready to start posting. You can get volunteer information here. All of the books are in the public domain so you don't have to worry about copyright violation.

video

0 comments: