The Writerly Habit

This blog is about my struggles to get into the habit of writing regularly.

My First Assignment

Well, I got my first assignment recording for Librivox. I will be doing two chapters of Cecilia; Or, Memoirs of an Heiress by Fanny Burney. It's written in very formal diction so I have to be careful not to slide into a fake British accent. I have that weird habit. My dad was in the Army for over 20 years so that's how we were taught to make friends. You assimilate, you imitate. Anything that makes people more comfortable with you. It isn't really a conscious thing. It just happens from traveling around a lot and having to make new friends all the time.

I will also be releasing an audiobook podcast here in the next few days. I'd like to have one on writing, full of interviews and such, but that is a little further down the road. All of the works featured will be in the public domain, to prevent copyright infringement. This is my contribution to improving the literacy of America. You can tell from my previous posts how passionate I am about that. It's amazing how little people read for enjoyment, especially fiction. If you have a suggestion for something you want read aloud, please post it in the comments section.

0 comments: