The Writerly Habit

This blog is about my struggles to get into the habit of writing regularly.

Journaling: Day 4

Ok, so I didn't journal last night. I know, I know. I had the opportunity but didn't take it. Instead, I fell asleep while reading Time to Write: Professional writers reveal how to fit writing into your busy life. It's a pretty good book, very similar to The Write Type: Discover Your True Writer's Identity and Create a Customized Writing Plan which was published a few months earlier. In Time to Write, the author states that you must have a burning desire to write. Is that really true because, if so, I have a problem. I don't really have the burning desire anymore...is that why I find it so difficult to develop a habit or am I merely moody and lazy? Who knows. I'm hoping to become a little more inspired on the later chapters, one is titled "how to write when you don't feel like it." Yes sir, that sounds like one for me!

On the plus side, I got myself a new spiral (Trapper Keeper ftw) and more of my favorite writing pens. If you must know, they are Pilot brand Precise V5, extra fine in black. They write really smoothly. Not that I'm a pen snob or anything....cough cough. Anyhow, I hope to get more work done today and perhaps do some free writing.

0 comments: