The Writerly Habit

This blog is about my struggles to get into the habit of writing regularly.

In Love with the iPad (100th Post!!)


The iPad tablet was unveiled by Apple this week. At first, I was imagining how cool it would be to finally have an e-book reader that could also access apps like the iPhone. I've never used an e-book reader and usually prefer hardcover, but as a student the idea of not lugging around a bag full of books that I had to overpay for is tantalizing. In my joy over not breaking my back, I totally overlooked the implications for authors. Tom Evans, writing for Publishing Talk, makes a great case for buying the iPad over the Kindle. After all, you get to access pages (that's Word for Macs for you PCs). The tablet also features a large size touch keyboard, meaning that you could use it to write. You can't beat the 10 hour battery life or the fact that you can plug it into a keyboard and continue writing while it charges (plus I like to keep all of my files in the same place). It's sleek, stylish, lightweight and ultra-portable. Unlike the Neo by Alphasmart which looks like a toilet seat. Mind you, the $499 price tag is a little limiting for me but I truly expected it to debut in the $900 range.

Watch the keynote here.

In other news, happy 100th post! It's been an interesting couple of years and I've made a lot of progress as a writer. I'll be blogging about that in the next few days. Stay tuned.

0 comments: