The Writerly Habit

This blog is about my struggles to get into the habit of writing regularly.

The Wind-up Bird Chronicle Hits the Stage

I wish I was in New York City because Haruki Murakami's book The Wind-Up Bird Chronicle: A Novel has been turned into a stage production. The stills in the gallery look amazing, they have that sort of ethereal/metaphysical quality that is seen in Murakami's work. There's also a trailer. It is running until January 30th at the Ohio Theater. Hopefully it does well and travels. I'm skeptical that it will land in Colorado though.

It would be interesting to see some of his other works, like Norwegian Wood or Hard-Boiled Wonderland and the End of the World: A Novel (Vintage International) (my personal favorite) hit the stage. If you aren't familiar with Murakami's work, The Wind-Up Bird Chronicle: A Novel is a great place to start.

The Wind-Up Bird Chronicle: A NovelNorwegian WoodHard-Boiled Wonderland and the End of the World: A Novel (Vintage International)

2 comments:

L. 'Ailina Laranang said...

Ooo, thanks for the tip. Sounds like a great story. Adding to my to-read list.

Brandi said...

I think you'd like it. It is standard Japanese literature in that the endings of often strange and don't necessarily tie things up. There's something I like about that though.