The Writerly Habit

This blog is about my struggles to get into the habit of writing regularly.

Ideas come at the most inopportune time...

So I'm sitting in British Literature today and I'm bored. Not that I dislike the literature, I just have issues with the teaching method. I just don't get a lot out of the class. Anyway, I've been trying to come up with ideas for a fantasy story. I love the genre but it seems any time I try to write I can't come up with anything that seems original. I've been so stuck.

In class, as my teacher is going on about some minutia, I have an idea. A flash, an image. Yes! It took me right to my opening scene and my main character. The mind is a funny thing. I've been stumped for an idea for two weeks and then, when I am busy, it comes.

That being said, I still have no idea where the story is going. I might just write the opening and see if the character "speaks to me." I've heard other writers say that. I have never experienced it though. Ah well. Back to work.

0 comments: